• Welcome to The Prose Stylist!
  • A full service writing group
  • Friendly, free, and fun,
  • No adds, no strings, no politics
  • We place a priority on practice and progression
  • but anything inspiring or positive or uplifting or beautiful is encouraged.
  • Join in the fun.
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Title: The Description Challenge
Thread Modes
Sample Description Prompt:

Quote: Wrote:The Stendhal Syndrome is a psychosomatic condition involving rapid heartbeat, fainting, confusion and even hallucinations, allegedly occurring when individuals become exposed to objects or phenomena of great beauty.

A description by Stendhal himself:

Quote: Wrote:“I was in a sort of ecstasy, from the idea of being in Florence, close to the great men whose tombs I had seen. Absorbed in the contemplation of sublime beauty … I reached the point where one encounters celestial sensations… Everything spoke so vividly to my soul. Ah, if I could only forget. I had palpitations of the heart, what in Berlin they call ‘nerves’. Life was drained from me. I walked with the fear of falling.”

Basic Challenge:
Write a description of a character experiencing the Stendhal syndrome.

Target: 100 to 300 words.

Honors level:
No Filter words (See, hear, feel, think, touch, wonder, realize, watch, look, seem, etc)

Please remember:
Participation is more important than perfection or following the rules to the letter.
Please feel free to pass on praise or comments about other's exercises, but no critiquing.

Smile
My name is Homo Sapiens, Hominid of Hominids, look upon my works, ye mighty, and despair.

Messages In This Thread
The Description Challenge - by Lord Regent - 02-01-2020, 09:24 PM
RE: The Description Challenge - by Edward - 02-04-2020, 07:50 AM
RE: The Description Challenge - by Other Ager - 02-05-2020, 01:57 PM
RE: The Description Challenge - by Lord Regent - 02-23-2020, 04:21 PM